Keeler scores 38 as Cal Poly beats UC Irvine 95-81Jan 5, 2010 - 6:33 AM IRVINE, Calif.(AP) -- Lorenzo Keeler hit six 3-pointers and finished with a career-high 38 points as Cal Poly defeated UC Irvine 95-81 Monday night.
Freshman Kyle Odister added a season-high 23 points for the Mustangs (4-8, 1-0 Big West).
Eric Wise led the Anteaters (7-7, 1-1) with 25 points, and Michael Hunter finished with a career-high 24.
Cal Poly led 65-54 with 9:59 to play, but Irvine quickly pulled to within 65-60 on a layup by Adam Folker.
Five straight points by Keeler put the Mustangs back up by 10 6:26 left, and the Mustangs maintained at least an eight-point lead the remainder of the game.
Cal Poly went on a 20-7 run in the final 8 1/2 minutes of the first half and led 42-26 at the break.
The Mustangs shot a season-high 60.4 percent, including 57.9 percent (11 of 19) from 3-point range.
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19