Nevada holds of New Mexico State 77-67Jan 5, 2010 - 6:56 AM LAS CRUCES, N.M.(AP) -- Luke Babbitt led Nevada with 26 points and 11 rebounds and the Wolf Pack defeated New Mexico State 77-67 Monday night.
Nevada (9-6, 1-1 Western Athletic) never trailed, shot 52.5 percent and led by as many as 17.
Five players scored in double figures for the Aggies (8-7, 1-1), led by Wendell McKines, who had 16 points.
Brandon Fields added 13 points and Dario Hunt 12 for Nevada, which outrebounded New Mexico State 38-29 and hit 9-of-20 3-pointers.
The Wolf Pack led by seven at halftime and later used a 19-8 run to push its lead to 64-49 with 6:02 to play.
Babbitt was 3 of 3 from beyond the arc and scored 15 points in the first half.
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14