McCollum scores 31, leads Lehigh over Yale 75-69Jan 6, 2010 - 2:30 AM BETHLEHEM, Pa.(AP) -- Freshman C.J. McCollum scored a season-high 31 points, including seven 3-pointers, to lead Lehigh to a 75-69 win over Yale on Tuesday night.
McCollum was 12-for-18 from the field and 7-for-10 from long range for the Mountain Hawks (9-6), who have won five games in a row. The Bulldogs (4-11) have lost five straight.
Lehigh led by as many as eight points in the first half before trailing 33-32 at halftime.
The score was tied four times in the second half, the last at 45 with 13:16 left. Over the next 2:40, the Mountain Hawks used an 11-1 run, capped by a McCollum 3-pointer, to lead 56-46.
Yale never got closer than six points the rest of the game.
Zahir Carrington added 16 points for Lehigh and Marquis Hall had a career-high 11 assists.
Michael Sands had 17 points and Greg Mangano added 14 points and 13 rebounds for the Bulldogs, who outrebounded Lehigh 47-35.
- NCAA BB
LEHIGH 75 FINAL
Jan 5 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
LEHIGH 32 HALFTIME
Jan 5 7:49 PM
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Robert Morris holds off Lehigh in 69-67 win Dec 17
- Lehigh has no trouble with Rochester College, wins 84-50 Dec 5
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Ennis and Villanova down Lehigh Nov 15
- Lehigh faces tall task in opener against No. 12 Villanova Nov 14