Panhandle St. 57, Texas St. 69Jan 6, 2010 - 3:58 AM SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP) -- Cameron Johnson had 12 points and a game-high eight rebounds to lead Texas State past Oklahoma Panhandle State 69-57 on Tuesday night.
Jonathan Sloan and Uriel Segura scored 10 points apiece for the Bobcats (6-8), who picked up their third straight victory.
Marcale Marshall led the Division II Aggies (4-8) with 17 points. Reggie Lassiter added 12 and Kevin Geofroy 11.
Texas State shot just 37.7 percent while Panhandle State was at 35.3 percent, but the Bobcats outrebounded the Aggies 43-32.
Texas State took a permanent lead when Sloan's layup made it 17-15 with 10:53 left in the first half. Ryan White's 3-pointer at the buzzer gave the Bobcats their largest advantage of the half at 34-23.
The Aggies made a run in the second half, trimming a 42-23 deficit to 46-39 with 9:29 to go. But Texas State stiffened and led comfortably the rest of the way.
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- Texas surges past Texas State Dec 11
- Southeastern Louisiana tips Texas St. 79-78 in OT Mar 11
- Johnson's 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win Mar 3
- Texas State defeats Northwestern State 89-75 Feb 27
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Texas State 77-70 Feb 24
- Nicholls State defeats Texas State 66-63 Feb 20
- Texas State defeats Lamar, 81-67 Feb 13
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi edges Texas State 63-60 Feb 10
- Texas State holds off McNeese State 95-88 Feb 6