Utah Valley St. 85, Texas-Arlington 90Jan 6, 2010 - 4:06 AM ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- UT Arlington scored the first six points of overtime to go on to a 90-85 victory over Utah Valley Tuesday night.
Utah Valley tied the game at the end of regulation as Justin Baker scored off a missed jump shot.
Marquez Haynes scored four of the first six points in overtime as UT Arlington (7-5) opened up an 82-76 lead in the first minute and a half. From that point, UT Arlington never led by less than three.
The Mavericks led by six at halftime but Utah Valley (6-8) erased that lead early in the second period.
Haynes finished with 23 points to lead Texas-Arlington. Armani Williams had 16 points and Jordan Reves 12 for the Mavericks . Brandon Long and Cameron Catlett added 11 points each.
Corey Claitt led Utah Valley with 20 points, and Jourdain Scoubes added 19 points. Justin Baker scored 17 points, Jordan Swarbrick 15 and Shawn Deadwiler 12.
- NCAA BB
UTAH VALLEY ST 85
TEXAS ARLINGTON 90 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 5 10:17 PM
- NCAA BB
UTAH VALLEY ST 31
TEXAS ARLINGTON 37 HALFTIME
Jan 5 8:47 PM
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- Oregon routs Utah Valley Nov 20
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Utah Valley challenges No. 17 Oregon Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19
- Smart helps Oklahoma State ease past Utah Valley Nov 12