Nebraska wins 77-59 over Southeastern LouisianaJan 6, 2010 - 2:57 AM LINCOLN, Neb.(AP) -- Brandon Richardson had 15 points to lead Nebraska to victory over Southeastern Louisiana 77-59 on Tuesday night.
Nebraska (12-3) has won 12 games in non-conference play for just the third time in school history and the first time since the 1994-95 season.
Nebraska led by 11 at half, 39-28, but saw Southeastern Louisiana (8-5) cut that lead to seven on back-to-back baskets to open the half. The Huskers countered with an 8-0 run that put them up 47-32 on Richardson's free throws with 16:39 left.
The Lions responded with a 10-2 spurt that cut the Husker lead to seven on Gary Dixon's 3-pointer with 13:15 remaining. Nebraska came back with a 16-6 run, going up 65-47 on Ryan Anderson's 3-pointer with 5:40 left.
Anderson added 14 points for Nebraska.
Damon Forest led the Lions with 12 points and Trent Hutchin finished with 11 points.
- Miami transfer, coveted 6-11 center sign with Cornhuskers May 17
- Butler assistant Michael Lewis joining Miles' Nebraska staff May 3
- Huskers' Andrew White declaring for draft but could return Apr 21
- Nebraska assistant resigning to take same job at Boise St. Apr 12
- Nebraska, Kansas agree to meet in basketball next 2 seasons Mar 1
- Huskers' Shields hits head, will follow concussion protocol Feb 6
- Undersized, young Huskers will count on celebrated recruits Oct 27
- Nebraska at a glance Oct 27
- Nebraska's Petteway declares for NBA Draft Apr 16
- Trimble, Wells help No. 10 Maryland beat Nebraska Mar 8
- Nebraska plays host to No. 10 Maryland Mar 8
- Trimble helps Maryland beat Nebraska Feb 19