Central Arkansas dominates over Ecclesia 76-53Jan 6, 2010 - 4:23 AM CONWAY, Ark.(AP) -- Tadre Sheppard took home a double-double, scoring 23 points and pulling down 10 rebounds, as Central Arkansas defeated Ecclesia 76-53 on Tuesday night.
The Bears (6-8) got ahead early, leading 23-5 after just the first 12 minutes. Sheppard accounted for 12 of those points.
The Bears went on to lead by as many as 26 midway through the second half.
Imad Qahwash added a career-high 12 points for the Bears, while Dewan Clayborn put in 11 off the bench.
The Royals (9-7) did better from the bench overall, holding a 24-20 advantage. Travis Smith scored 18 of Ecclesia's points off the bench.
Royals starter Eric Womack led the game in scoring with 25 points, including sinking five shots from long distance.
- No. 21 Nebraska takes care of Central Arkansas Nov 19
- Bears hope to claw way past 21st-ranked Cornhuskers Nov 18
- No. 24 Cowboys set sights on Bears Dec 16
- UNLV drops 124 on overmatched Central Arkansas Dec 29
- Central Arkansas seeks upset of No. 19 UNLV Dec 28
- Missouri crushes Central Arkansas Dec 18
- Williamson taking over at Cent. Arkansas Mar 12
- Central Arkansas beats McNeese State 76-72 Mar 6
- Stephen F. Austin holds off Central Arkansas 54-49 Mar 3
- SE Louisiana tops Central Arkansas in OT, 65-60 Feb 27
- Nicholls State knocks off Central Arkansas 68-51 Feb 24
- Texas-Arlington defeats Central Arkansas, 71-47 Feb 20