George Washington beats St Bonaventure 78-71Jan 7, 2010 - 2:50 AM OLEAN, N.Y.(AP) -- Freshman Lasan Kromah scored a career-high 23 points and finished 5 of 7 from 3-point range as George Washington defeated St. Bonaventure 78-71 in Wednesday night's Atlantic 10 Conference opener for both teams.
Damian Hollis added 12 points for the Colonials (11-3), while Aaron Ware, Joseph Katuka, Bryan Bynes and Hermann Opoku had eight points apiece.
For the Bonnies (7-7), Andrew Nicholson scored 19 points, Jonathan Hall had 15 and Chris Matthews 14.
The game featured 16 lead changes and no team led by more than five points.
The Bonnies appeared to pull away with 3:33 left in the second half after getting a four-point lead, but quick 3-pointers by Kromah and Hollis suddenly put the Colonials ahead 69-67. The Bonnies had a chance to tie with 1:36 remaining on a fast break, but Matthews couldn't handle the pass from Ogo Adegboye.
- NCAA BB
GEO WASHINGTON 78
ST BONAVENTURE 71 FINAL
Jan 6 9:10 PM
- NCAA BB
GEO WASHINGTON 31
ST BONAVENTURE 35 HALFTIME
Jan 6 7:56 PM
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- Cavanaugh scores 18; No. 21 GW beats St Peter's 87 Dec 19
- VCU gets back on track at George Washington Feb 15
- Colonials tangle with 20th-ranked Rams Feb 14
- St. Bonaventure stuns VCU on buzzer-beater Feb 7
- Bonnies entertain 18th-ranked Rams Feb 7
- VCU keeps rolling with rout of George Washington Jan 27
- Colonials come calling on 14th-ranked Rams Jan 27
- GW upends No. 11 Wichita State Dec 25
- Shockers clash with Colonials for Diamond Head Classic crown Dec 25
- No. 9 UVA cruises past GW Nov 22
- Colonials seek upset of ninth-ranked Cavaliers Nov 21