William & Mary outlasts Delaware 74-73 in OTJan 7, 2010 - 3:34 AM NEWARK, Del.(AP) -- David Schneider hit a 3-pointer with 3 seconds left, propelling William & Mary to a 74-73 overtime win against Delaware on Wednesday night.
Schneider's game-winning 3 was his second within 10 seconds late in overtime for the Tribe, who hit three 3-pointers in the span of 20 seconds to win the game. JohnMark Ludwick nailed the first 3-pointer of the burst for the Tribe to pull within 72-68, sparking a 9-1 run in the final seconds of OT.
Schneider was the only player in double figures for the Tribe (11-3, 3-1 Colonial Athletic Association), finishing with 26 points on 9-for-15 shooting. The senior was 6-for-10 from beyond the arc in the win, but missed a 3-point attempt at the end of regulation, sending the game into overtime tied at 59.
Jawan Carter scored 27 points to lead the Blue Hens (5-10, 1-3), including a 3-pointer with 22 seconds left to send the game into OT.
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 74
DELAWARE 73 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Jan 6 9:01 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 59
DELAWARE 59 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Jan 6 8:39 PM
- NCAA BB
WILLIAM & MARY 33
DELAWARE 27 HALFTIME
Jan 6 7:41 PM
- Delaware fires men's basketball coach Monte Ross Mar 18
- Late free throw helps Delaware top Fairleigh Dickinson 73-72 Nov 24
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Tokoto, No. 19 UNC drop William & Mary Dec 30
- Villanova routs Delaware Nov 30
- Undefeated Wildcats entertain hapless Blue Hens Nov 30
- New-look Gators pound William & Mary Nov 15
- Tribe visit seventh-ranked Gators to tip off season Nov 14
- Delaware's Threatt kicked off team Jun 10
- Payne stars as Michigan State dumps Delaware in NCAA opener Mar 20
- Spartans begin tournament against Blue Hens Mar 20