Bazemore, Old Dominion edge James Madison 74-72Jan 7, 2010 - 2:37 AM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Kent Bazemore scored 19 points and had six assists as Old Dominion edged James Madison 74-72 in a Colonial Athletic Association game on Wednesday night.
Bazemore assisted on Frank Hassell's dunk that tied it for the ninth time, 72-72, with 46 seconds left and on Ben Finney's layup with 13 seconds left that put the Monarchs (11-5, 3-1) ahead.
Julius Wells, who led the Dukes (7-7, 1-3) with 29 points, missed a 3-pointer with time running out.
Wells scored 16 first-half points, including a dunk and a 3-pointer that forged ties after Old Dominion took a 20-12 lead, the game's largest.
James Madison led 31-30 at the half after Keyon Carter's 3-pointer at the buzzer, but Old Dominion scored the first seven points of the second half to lead 37-31.
Hassell and Gerald Lee scored 14 points each and Carter 13 for the Monarchs.
Denzel Bowles scored 17 for the Dukes.
- NCAA BB
OLD DOMINION 74 FINAL
Jan 6 8:57 PM
- NCAA BB
OLD DOMINION 30 HALFTIME
Jan 6 7:44 PM
- James Madison hires alum Louis Rowe as men's hoops coach Mar 31
- Matt Brady out at James Madison as men's basketball coach Mar 14
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Old Dominion knocks off cold-shooting VCU Nov 30
- 14th-ranked Rams butt heads with Monarchs Nov 29
- Buckeyes beat up on Dukes Nov 28
- Virginia cruises past JMU in opener Nov 15
- Instate foes collide as Cavs take on Dukes Nov 14