Roemer, Colgate get jump on N.C. Central 75-54Jan 7, 2010 - 3:37 AM HAMILTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Kyle Roemer scored 12 of his 14 points in the opening 13:06 as Colgate breezed to a 75-54 victory over North Carolina Central on Wednesday night.
Roemer, the leading scorer for the Raiders (4-10), played just 20 minutes as Colgate twice led by as many as 20 points in the first half and increased its margin over the Eagles (2-13) to 31 points in the second half.
Five of Roemer's points came during a 13-0 run that gave them a 19-6 lead 12:36 before halftime.
Colgate, which got 10 points each from Anthony Hill and Sterling Melville, outrebounded North Carolina Central 51-31.
Nick Chasten scored 10 points and Dwayne Sims nine to pace North Carolina Central, which has lost six in a row.
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- N.C. Central downs Morgan State in MEAC title game Mar 16
- Eagles and Bears clash in MEAC title tilt Mar 15
- Carter leads Wichita State past NC Central Dec 22
- NC Central hopes to shock No. 11 Wichita State Dec 22