Saunders perfect as Princeton beats Marist 77-58Jan 7, 2010 - 4:05 AM POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y.(AP) -- Patrick Saunders was perfect from the floor while scoring a career-high 21 points as Princeton defeated Marist 77-58 on Wednesday night.
Saunders was 8-for-8, including 5-for-5 on 3-pointers, for the Tigers (8-5). Three of his 3-pointers came in the opening 7:09, when Princeton took a 20-9 lead.
One game after shooting 34 percent in a two-point loss to Maine, the Tigers had their best shooting night of the season, 57.4 percent (27-for-47). They were even better on 3-pointers, making 10 of 17 (58.8 percent) against the Red Foxes (1-13).
The Tigers also committed a season-low seven turnovers.
Douglas Davis scored 16 points for Princeton and Dan Mavraides had 14.
Candon Rusin scored 16 points and Devin Price 13 for Marist, which shot 57.9 percent (11-for-19) in the first half but still trailed 40-29 at halftime.
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- Marist hires Maker to replace Bower Jun 17
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Southerland, Syracuse roll over Princeton Nov 21
- No. 6 Orange set to pounce on Tigers Nov 21
- Princeton continues home dominance of Harvard Feb 12
- 25th-ranked Crimson set sights on Tigers Feb 11
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11
- Kentucky escapes with last second win over Princeton Mar 17
- Princeton tops Harvard on last second basket, wins Ivy League Mar 12
- Jordan leads unbeaten UCF past Princeton Dec 30
- Wayns leads Villanova in rout of Marist Nov 16