Silas, Northern Illinois top Chicago State 99-93Jan 7, 2010 - 3:34 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Xavier Silas scored a game-high 24 points and Northern Illinois held off a late rally by Chicago State to win 99-93 Wednesday night.
Mike DiNunno added a season-high 20 points and Darion "Jake" Anderson posted 14 points and six rebounds for Northern Illinois (4-8), which notched its first road victory of the season.
Chicago State (5-11), which lost its fourth in a row, was led by Christian Wall's 23 points on 8-of-16 shooting.
The Huskies led 50-30 at halftime, but the Cougars outscored Northern Illinois 63-49 in the second half. NIU held a 43-33 rebounding advantage and had 21 assists but committed a season-high 25 turnovers.
Both teams shot well. The Huskies hit 57.4 percent and the Cougars 47.2 percent.
The Huskies are 21-0 all time against Chicago State.
Northern Illinois will open Mid-American Conference play at Ball State on Saturday.
- NCAA BB
NORTHN ILLINOIS 99
CHICAGO ST 93 FINAL
Jan 6 10:05 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHN ILLINOIS 50
CHICAGO ST 30 HALFTIME
Jan 6 8:57 PM
- Chicago State pulls away from Trinity International, 81-69 Nov 21
- Panthers battle Redbirds in MVC melee Jan 25
- Notre Dame rolls through NIU Dec 22
- Irish play host to Huskies Dec 22
- Northern Illinois extends Montgomery through 2018 Apr 18
- Iowa State blows through Northern Illinois Jan 1
- Cyclones put perfect mark on line against visiting Huskies Dec 31
- No. 22 UMass crushes Northern Illinois Dec 14
- Minutemen get back to work as they host Huskies Dec 14
- Chicago State victorious in Great West Conference championship Mar 17
- Huskies, Cougars set for Great West title clash Mar 16
- Northern Illinois held to 4 points in first half Jan 26