Oregon State equals its worst loss in 99-48 routJan 7, 2010 - 4:42 AM CORVALLIS, Ore.(AP) -- Oregon State equaled its worst loss in school history Wednesday, falling to Seattle 99-48.
The 51-point margin of defeat came via the same score that the Beavers suffered on Jan. 23, 1997 at Arizona.
Mike Boxley had 19 points and Chris Gweth added 18 for Seattle (7-9), which is playing its first full schedule against Division I opponents since 1979-80.
The Redhawks broke open a close game in the first half with a 9-0 run to go ahead 27-21, then outscored Oregon State 10-2 in the final three minutes to lead 41-27 at halftime.
Seattle scored 19 straight points early in the second half and led by as many as 54 late in the game.
Calvin Haynes had nine points for Oregon State (6-8).
- Beavers bummed about early exit, but excited for the future Mar 19
- Payton II following in father's NCAA footsteps at Oregon St Mar 17
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- No. 11 Oregon State women grind out 61-47 win over Colorado Jan 24
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Oregon State Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Oregon State Beavers no longer the Pac-12 surprise Oct 28
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- No. 9 Utah tops Oregon State in defensive battle Feb 20
- Utes battle Beavers in Pac-12 affair Feb 19
- No. 6 Arizona cruises past Oregon State Jan 31