Florida International beats Louisiana-Monroe 62-56Jan 8, 2010 - 3:05 AM MIAMI(AP) -- Marvin Roberts scored 12 points as Florida International defeated Louisiana Monroe 62-56 on Thursday night.
J.C. Otero's 3-pointer with 4:42 remaining put the Golden Panthers (5-13, 2-3 Sun Belt Conference) ahead 54-50 and keyed a 9-0 run. Roberts ended the run with a 3-pointer for a 59-50 advantage with 2:19 remaining.
Otero finished with 11 points.
The Warhawks (6-10, 1-4) rallied from a 12-point deficit with an 11-0 run during a 1:49 span midway through the second half. Colby Carr's field goal with 10:26 remaining capped the run and cut the Golden Panthers' lead to 46-45.
Louisiana Monroe's Dynile Ford hit a 3-pointer and tied it at 50 with 7:08 left.
Rudy Turner led the Warhawks with 13 points.
Florida International ran off eight unanswered points, keyed by six straight by Martavis Key, for a 24-17 lead with 5:15 remaining in the first half.
- NCAA BB
UL MONROE 56
FIU 62 FINAL
Jan 7 9:52 PM
- NCAA BB
UL MONROE 23
FIU 28 HALFTIME
Jan 7 8:44 PM
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- No. 5 Louisville powers past FIU Dec 5
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 5
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Smith powers Louisville to blowout of FIU Dec 22