Arkansas State tops Middle Tennessee State 69-67Jan 8, 2010 - 3:55 AM JONESBORO, Ark.(AP) -- Rashad Allison scored 15 points to lead Arkansas State past Middle Tennessee State 69-67 Thursday night.
Brandon Peterson and Brandon Reed added 13 points each for the Red Wolves (8-7, 3-1 Sun Belt). Trey Finn grabbed 10 rebounds to go with eight points.
Montarrio Haddock scored a game-high 24 points to lead Middle Tennessee State (7-8, 2-1). Rod Emanuel had 20 points and Desmond Yates added 10 for the Blue Raiders.
The game was close for all 40 minutes, with 14 ties and 11 lead changes. No team led by more than six points, an advantage Arkansas State held with 11:40 left in the first half.
Middle Tennessee's largest lead was five points with just over nine minutes remaining in the game.
Arkansas State shot 46.3 percent and held the Blue Raiders to 41.8 percent. The Red Hawks led 33-31 at halftime.
- NCAA BB
MIDDLE TENN 67
ARKANSAS ST 69 FINAL
Jan 7 10:07 PM
- NCAA BB
MIDDLE TENN 31
ARKANSAS ST 33 HALFTIME
Jan 7 8:53 PM
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20
- Gaels, Blue Raiders square off in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 19
- Boynton, Gators drop Blue Raiders Nov 19