Gardner-Webb holds off Charleston Southern 64-61Jan 8, 2010 - 2:37 AM BOILING SPRINGS, N.C.(AP) -- Jonathan Moore scored 13 points and Thomas Staton had four of his six points in the game's final minute, leading Gardner-Webb to a 64-61 win over Charleston Southern on Thursday night.
Joshua Henley added 12 points and Auryn MacMillan had 10 for the Runnin' Bulldogs (4-10, 1-3 Big South Conference), who snapped a 10-game losing skid. Coming into the game, Gardner-Webb hadn't won since Nov. 21.
With the score tied at 58-all and 1:30 left on the clock after a Gardner-Webb timeout, Staton dropped in a layup for his team's first lead since 5 minutes into the contest.
The Runnin' Bulldogs went 4-for-4 from the foul line in the final 25 seconds before Jeremy Sexton's late 3 pulled the Buccaneers within the final margin.
Kelvin Martin scored 21 points to lead the Buccaneers (7-8, 2-3), while Sexton finished with 18.
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7