Coastal Carolina 58, N.C.-Asheville 57Jan 7, 2010 - 11:22 PM ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- Chad Gray made a 15-foot jumper with 5.5 seconds left to lift Coastal Carolina to a 58-57 win over North Carolina-Asheville on Thursday.
Matt Dickey missed a 3-pointer soon after Gray's go-ahead shot to preserve the victory for the Chanticleers (15-2, 5-0 Big South Conference).
The Bulldogs (3-11, 1-3), who trailed 54-48 with 4:17 left in the second half, pulled ahead by one point on J.P. Primm's 3-pointer with 33 seconds remaining. Primm finished with 18 points and six assists off the bench.
But Coastal Carolina held the ball for the last shot. Gray, who finished with 18 points on 7 of 13 shooting, attempted a jumper that bounced around the basket before finally falling with 5.5 second left.
Kierre Greenwood scored 12 points and grabbed eight rebounds for Coastal Carolina. Logan Johnson had 11 points.
Matt Dickey had 17 points for North Carolina-Asheville.
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 58
UNC ASHEVILLE 57 FINAL
Jan 7 3:51 PM
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 22
UNC ASHEVILLE 25 HALFTIME
Jan 7 2:50 PM
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South crown Mar 9
- Winthrop challenges Chanticleers for Big South title Mar 9
- Parker and Duke beat up UNC-Asheville Nov 18
- Duke entertains UNC Asheville in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 18
- No. 1 Kentucky beats UNC-Asheville by 32 Nov 8
- No. 1 Kentucky opens season against UNC Asheville Nov 8