Mercer holds off Campbell 82-73Jan 8, 2010 - 1:41 AM MACON, Ga.(AP) -- Daniel Emerson scored 19 points to lead five Mercer players in double figures as the Bears defeated Campbell 82-73 on Thursday.
Jeff Smith scored 15, Brian Mills and James Florence had 12 each and E.J. Kusnyer added 10 points for Mercer (7-8, 3-2 Atlantic Sun Conference), which has won three straight games.
Mercer entered the game 14th in the nation with an average of 8.9 3-pointers per game and went 9-for-19 as Kusnyer and Smith hit three each.
The Bears led by 18 points with 18 minutes left before Campbell rallied for a 65-64 lead with 5:52 remaining. However, Campbell (8-5, 3-1) didn't hit a field goal for the next 5:50.
Mercer was 27-for-31 from the free throw line and shot 54.8 from the field (23-for-42).
Brian Mills had nine rebounds for Mercer.
Jonathan Rodriguez led Campbell with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Miles Taylor added 15 points.
- NCAA BB
MERCER 82 FINAL
Jan 7 7:43 PM
- NCAA BB
MERCER 46 HALFTIME
Jan 7 6:23 PM
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Tennessee cruises past Mercer to reach Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Mercer seeks another upset in clash with Tennessee Mar 23
- Mercer's late rally stuns Duke Mar 21
- Blue Devils and Bears meet in Midwest Regional battle Mar 21
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Florida Gulf Coast downs Mercer for Atlantic Sun Tournament crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears clash for A-Sun title Mar 9
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7