St. Francis (N.Y.) defeats St. Francis (Pa.) 69-57Jan 8, 2010 - 3:15 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Akeem Bennett scored 18 points and had 10 assists to help St. Francis (N.Y.) defeat St. Francis (Pa.) 69-57 on Thursday night.
The Terriers (4-8, 2-1 Northeast Conference) scored 23 points off of 20 Red Flashes turnovers, including seven give-aways by Umar Shannon, to snap a three-game losing streak.
The Red Flashes, who have a turnover margin of negative-3.5 had just 10 assists, compared to 17 by the Terriers.
Bennett was 11 of 12 from the free throw line and the Terriers shot 85.7 percent from the line in the second half (18 of 21).
The Terriers shot 50 percent from the field in the first half (12 of 24) and outscored the Red Flashes (4-10, 2-1) 35-26 in the second half.
Kayode Ayeni scored 15 points and Ricky Cadell added 11 for the Terriers.
Shannon finished with 18 points for the Red Flashes, who have lost five of their last six.
- St. Francis Brooklyn holds off Robert Morris 82-72 Feb 20
- St. Francis (BKN) holds off Robert Morris 56-49 Jan 9
- Robert Morris downs St. Francis-NY for NEC crown Mar 10
- Terriers take on Colonials in NEC title tilt Mar 10
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- No. 9 Syracuse survives scare from St. Francis Nov 18
- Terriers take on Orange in Maui Invitational regional action Nov 18
- St. Francis (PA) names Krimmel head men's basketball coach Apr 19
- Moore, No. 15 Pitt cruise to ninth straight victory Dec 20
- St. Francis, Pa. 50, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 65 Mar 4
- Mount St. Mary's beats St. Francis, Pa., 65-50 Mar 4