Centenary beats IPFW 75-62, snaps 2-game skidJan 8, 2010 - 4:33 AM SHREVEPORT, La.(AP) -- Maxx Nakwaasah scored a career-high 22 points and Centenary defeated IPFW 75-62 on Thursday night.
The Gentlemen (6-9, 2-3 Summit League) trailed 54-53 with 7:42 left, before Roman Turner and Nakwaasah hit back-to-back 3-pointers as part of a 10-2 run.
Nakwaasah's 3-pointer put Centenary ahead 63-56 with 3:52 to play.
The Gentlemen, who snapped a two-game losing streak, scored 23 points off of 18 Mastodon (6-8, 1-3) turnovers.
David Perez scored 16 points and Turner finished with 13 for Centenary, which shot 46.4 percent from the field (26 of 56).
Zach Plackemeier scored 13 points for the Mastodons, Deilvez Yearby added 12 and John Peckinpaugh finished with 10.
Antwone Snead grabbed 11 rebounds and IPFW outrebounded the Gentlemen 37-31.
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- NDSU downs IPFW for Summit League crown Mar 12
- Mastodons challenge Bison in Summit League title game Mar 11
- Notre Dame handles IUPU-Fort Wayne Dec 17
- Mastodons face uphill climb in clash with Fighting Irish Dec 17
- No. 13 Xavier pounds IPFW Nov 15
- Mastodons visit Queen City to take on 13th-ranked Musketeers Nov 15
- Johnson, Purdue crush IPFW Dec 21
- Oakland defeats IPFW 71-58 for 10th straight win Mar 8
- IPFW defeats South Dakota State 71-66 Mar 7
- Baker hits 31 in finale, Southern Utah wins 70-67 Feb 28