Northern Arizona tops Idaho State 68-56Jan 8, 2010 - 3:31 AM FLAGSTAFF, Ariz.(AP) -- Cameron Jones scored 26 points to lead four Northern Arizona players in double figures as the Lumberjacks downed Idaho State 68-56 Thursday night.
The Lumberjacks (7-8, 1-3 Big Sky) never trailed in the victory. The only tie of the game was at 2-2 when Idaho State's Demetrius Monroe hit a bucket. Northern Arizona's Shane Johannsen converted a dunk on the next possession and the Lumberjacks never looked back.
Northern Arizona opened up the game with a 15-4 run early in the first half to build a 21-9 lead. The Lumberjacks took a 37-17 lead into halftime, and the Bengals wouldn't get closer than 10 points in the second half.
Eric Platt added 13 points for Northern Arizona and Johannsen chipped in 11. Josh Lepley had 10.
Amorrow Morgan led the way for Idaho State (4-12, 1-3) with 16 points. Monroe had 10 points and a game-high 11 rebounds for the Bengals.
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- Arizona rolls, remains unbeaten Dec 24
- Lumberjacks hope to chop down top-ranked Wildcats Dec 23
- No. 9 Arizona thumps Northern Arizona Nov 29
- Wildcats play host to rival Lumberjacks Nov 28
- No. 18 UNLV hammers Northern Arizona Nov 13
- Lumberjacks try to chop down Runnin' Rebels Nov 12
- Northern Arizona names Jack Murphy head coach Apr 12
- Idaho State's O'Brien resigns Dec 19