Louisiana-Lafayette defeats North Texas 74-72Jan 8, 2010 - 1:44 AM LAFAYETTE, La.(AP) -- Tyren Johnson scored 20 points and Louisiana Lafayette defeated North Texas 74-72 on Thursday.
Chris Gradnigo added 18 points, Randell Daigle had 14 and Johnson had two steals and two blocks for the Ragin' Cajuns (4-11, 1-3 Sun Belt Conference).
The Ragin' Cajuns scored 28 points off 22 turnovers and held the Mean Green to 34.8 percent shooting in the first half (8 of 23).
Daigle hit a 3-pointer to put Louisiana-Lafayette up 69-62 with 1:13 remaining. The Mean Green (9-6, 2-3) pulled within 72-70 on a 3 by Josh White with 12 seconds left, but couldn't pull ahead.
Daigle sealed the win for the Ragin' Cajuns on two free throws with 10 seconds left.
George Odufuwa had a double-double for North Texas, scoring 15 points and grabbing 12 rebounds.
Shannon Shorter, White and Richard Thomas scored 14 points each and Tristan Thomas added 11 for the Mean Green.
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 72
UL LAFAYETTE 74 FINAL
Jan 7 8:07 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH TEXAS 22
UL LAFAYETTE 34 HALFTIME
Jan 7 6:50 PM
- Qualls leads Arkansas over North Texas Nov 29
- Razorbacks hope to continue fast start against Mean Green Nov 28
- McDermott scores 30 to power Creighton past Louisiana Mar 21
- Cajuns and Bluejays duke it out in West Region action Mar 21
- Louisiana wins Sun Belt title over Georgia State Mar 16
- Georgia State and Louisiana meet for Sun Belt title Mar 16
- Louisville's offense erupts in rout of Louisiana Dec 7
- Seventh-ranked Cardinals continue run with Cajuns Dec 7
- Chery leads Baylor past Louisiana Nov 17
- Cajuns come calling on 23rd-ranked Bears Nov 17
- Michigan State hangs on against Louisiana Nov 25
- Spartans set sights on Ragin' Cajuns Nov 25