Cal State-Fullerton tops Long Beach State 85-75Jan 8, 2010 - 5:33 AM FULLERTON, Calif.(AP) -- Gerard Anderson scored 22 points and Jacques Streeter added 20 to lead Cal State-Fullerton past Long Beach State 85-75.
Jer'Vaughn Johnson added 13 points and Bryce Webster 12 for the Titans (6-7, 1-1 Big West). Johnson also had a game-high nine rebounds.
Greg Plater came off the bench to lead Long Beach State (6-9, 0-2) with 18 points. Larry Anderson and Casper Ware had 15 points each, and Eugene Phelps came off the bench to add 10 for the 49ers.
Cal State-Fullerton dominated the boards with a 41-29 rebounding advantage. After shooting 50 percent in the first half to build a 37-31 halftime lead, the Titans fell to 40-percent shooting in the second half.
Long Beach State shot 46.6 percent overall but struggled from the free-throw line, making just 14 of 21 (66.7 percent).
- Coggins' 19 leads CS Fullerton past CS East Bay, 75-52 Jan 3
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10
- Coggins transfers from Air Force to Cal State Fullerton Jul 30
- Missouri gets past Long Beach State Jan 4
- Tigers close out non-league play against 49ers Jan 4