UC Irvine turns back Cal State Northridge 65-62Jan 8, 2010 - 6:11 AM NORTHRIDGE, Calif.(AP) -- Eric Wise scored 14 points to lead five players in double figures as UC Irvine defeated Cal State Northridge 65-62 on Thursday night.
Patrick Rembert and Derrick Strings had 12 points apiece for the Anteaters (8-7, 2-1 Big West), and Michael Hunter and Darren Moore scored 11 each.
Willie Galick led the Matadors (4-10, 0-3) with 15 points. Kevin Menner and Kenny Daniels scored 11 apiece. Northridge lost its seventh consecutive game, its longest streak since the 1962-63 season.
Wise scored 11 points in the second half, including eight in a row to give the Anteaters a 54-49 advantage. The sophomore forward has won the last two Big West Player of the Week awards.
Rembert's 3-pointer with 2:16 left broke a tie and put UC Irvine ahead to stay 62-59.
The Anteaters' biggest lead of the first half was four, and they led 31-30 at intermission.
- NCAA BB
UC IRVINE 61
CS NORTHRIDGE 60 FINAL
Jan 8 12:02 AM
- NCAA BB
UC IRVINE 33
CS NORTHRIDGE 30 HALFTIME
Jan 7 10:53 PM
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Blackshear scores 31 as Louisville routs CS-Northridge Dec 24
- Matadors hit road to challenge fourth-ranked Cardinals Dec 23
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20
- No. 2 Arizona plays host to UC Irvine Nov 19
- Johnson, Arizona cruise past CS Northridge Nov 17
- Matadors seek upset of second-ranked Wildcats Nov 16
- Matadors visit 16th-ranked Aztecs to tip off season Nov 14
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16