Jackson leads San Diego past Santa Clara 55-46Jan 9, 2010 - 6:40 AM SANTA CLARA, Calif.(AP) -- De'Jon Jackson scored 19 points to lead San Diego past Santa Clara 55-46 in the West Coast Conference opener for both teams on Friday night.
Chris Manresa scored 10 of his season-high 12 points in the second half for the Toreros (8-9), who have won three of their last four games by winning their second road contest in the last six. Matt Dorr added 10 points.
Michael Santos scored 12 points and Raymond Cowels added 11 to lead the Broncos (8-10), who have lost five of six, all at home.
The 46 points was a season-low for the Broncos and a season-low for San Diego opponents.
Santa Clara held a 22-19 lead at halftime.
- NCAA BB
SAN DIEGO 55
SANTA CLARA 46 FINAL
Jan 9 1:34 AM
- NCAA BB
SAN DIEGO 19
SANTA CLARA 22 HALFTIME
Jan 9 12:20 AM
- Santa Clara hopes Sendek can lift team to WCC elite Mar 30
- Santa Clara hires Herb Sendek as new head coach Mar 29
- Santa Clara fires basketball coach Kerry Keating Mar 7
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- San Diego hires Lamont Smith as coach Mar 31
- San Diego fires men's hoops coach Grier Mar 16
- Gonzaga pulls away from San Diego Feb 27
- Toreros face tall task in clash with third-ranked Zags Feb 26
- Gonzaga pulls away in second half, tops Santa Clara Feb 6
- Broncos face tall task in clash with second-ranked Bulldogs Feb 5
- Gonzaga rolls over Santa Clara Jan 11
- Broncos battle Bulldogs in WCC fracas Jan 10