Cent. Connecticut St. 74, Fairleigh Dickinson 83Jan 10, 2010 - 3:27 AM HACKENSACK, N.J. (AP) -- Mike Scott scored 17 of his 21 points in the second half and Farleigh Dickinson beat Central Connecticut State 83-74 on Saturday night.
The Knights (4-12, 3-1 Northeast Conference) trailed 41-33 at halftime, but shot 68.2 percent in the second half (15 of 22) for their third straight win.
The Blue Devils (4-10, 1-3) led 45-35 with 18:29 before being outscored 22-10 over the next 8:05. Scott's jump shot capped the run for a 57-55 Farleigh Dickinson lead with 10:24 remaining.
Central Connecticut State's Robby Ptacek tied the game at 57-57 on two free throws with 10:09 left. But Farleigh Dickinson answered on Scott's 3-pointer to go ahead for good, 60-57, with 9:51 remaining.
Sean Baptiste scored 26 points and DeShawn Dockery had 11 for the Knights.
Ptacek led the Blue Devils, who lost their fourth straight, with 21 points.
roots#1 Cards Fan Added 10 roots
Central Connecticut State 74, Fairleigh Dickinson 83 FinalJan 10 8:53 AM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 74
FAIR DICKINSON 83 FINAL
Jan 9 9:27 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 41
FAIR DICKINSON 33 HALFTIME
Jan 9 8:16 PM
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- Iowa routs FDU Dec 9
- Hawkeyes hope to avoid upset in clash with visiting Knights Dec 9