Appalachian State beats Davidson 78-68Jan 9, 2010 - 10:02 PM DAVIDSON, N.C.(AP) -- Donald Sims scored 44 points and Appalachian State snapped a three-game losing streak with a 78-68 win over Davidson on Saturday.
Isaac Butts added 13 points and Kellen Brand had 12 for the Mountaineers (8-7, 2-2 Southern Conference).
Sims made 13 of 19 field goal attempts, including 5 of 7 from 3-point range. He also was 13-for-13 at the foul line. The Mountaineers shot 53.2 percent from the field (25-for-47).
Davidson took a 12-point lead just eight minutes into the game and held a 10-point lead before the Mountaineers closed out the first half on a 14-2 run for a 37-35 halftime lead.
The Mountaineers never trailed in the second half and closed the game on a 16-6 run.
JP Kuhlman scored 18 points to lead the Wildcats (7-9, 2-2), who had a four-game winning streak snapped. Will Archambault added 14, and Steve Rossiter and Brendan McKillop each had 10.
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 78
DAVIDSON 68 FINAL
Jan 9 4:12 PM
- NCAA BB
APPALACHIAN ST 37
DAVIDSON 35 HALFTIME
Jan 9 2:52 PM
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30
- Wildcats come calling on third-ranked Cavaliers Dec 30