Mount St. Mary's, Md. 69, Sacred Heart 65Jan 9, 2010 - 10:43 PM FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP) -- Kelly Beidler scored 16 points to lead Mount St. Mary's (Md.) to a 69-65 victory over Sacred Heart on Saturday.
Beidler also added eight rebounds for the Mountaineers (4-11, 1-3 Northeast Conference), who snapped a nine-game losing streak with the win. Shawn Atupem added 15 points on 7 of 10 shooting.
A layup from Tayvon Jackson capped a 6-0 run for the Mountaineers, giving them a 49-38 lead with 13:54 remaining in the second half. But the Pioneers stayed close, and used a 8-0 run to cut the Mount St. Mary's lead to 51-49 with 9:10 left. Sacred Heart was never able to gain the lead, though, and two free throws from Beidler with 20 seconds left made the final score.
Chauncey Hardy scored 22 points to lead Sacred Heart (9-6, 2-2), which lost their first home game. Corey Hassan finished with 14 points and nine rebounds, while Liam Potter added 11 points and 12 rebounds.
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Sacred Heart 73-63 Feb 25
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- Sacred Heart rallies to beat Robert Morris 69-65 Jan 2
- Russell leads No. 20 Ohio State in rout of Sacred Heart Nov 23
- Buckeyes play host to Pioneers Nov 23
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Zeller, Hoosiers rout Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- No. 6 Indiana takes aim at Mount St. Mary's Dec 19
- Burke placed on administrative leave Feb 16
- Balanced attack paces Marquette past Mount St. Mary's Nov 12