Wisconsin-Milwaukee tops Wisconsin-Green Bay 71-51Jan 9, 2010 - 9:24 PM MILWAUKEE(AP) -- James Eayrs' double-double led Wisconsin-Milwaukee to a seesaw 71-51 victory over Wisconsin-Green Bay on Saturday.
Eayrs had 15 points and a game-high 13 rebounds for the Panthers (10-7, 2-3 Horizon League), while Ricky Franklin scored 14 and Jerard Ajami 12.
Bryquis Perine's 15 points led the Phoenix (11-6, 4-2), and Troy Cotton had 14.
The Panthers outscored the Phoenix by only five points from the field but converted 17 of 26 free throws to just 2 of 6 by Green Bay.
The Panthers led early 17-4 before the Phoenix struck back with a 17-4 spurt that tied the game at 21.
Milwaukee responded with a 22-7 push that included an 8-0 start to the second half, forging ahead 43-28. Green Bay came back with a 15-4 run, cutting it to 47-43 on Perine's basket with 11:54 left.
However, Milwaukee closed the game with a run of 24-8.
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 51
WISC MILWAUKEE 71 FINAL
Jan 9 4:06 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC GREEN BAY 28
WISC MILWAUKEE 35 HALFTIME
Jan 9 2:55 PM
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Texas A&M aims for respect in first NCAA tourney since 2011 Mar 17
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- Green Bay announcer says game ejection was misunderstanding Mar 9
- Green Bay pulls away from Morehead State in 2nd half, 78-72 Dec 28
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Wisconsin rolls over Milwaukee Dec 10
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 10
- Green Bay upsets No. 15 Miami-Florida Dec 6
- Phoenix hope to rise above 15th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 6
- No. 3 Wisconsin cruises past Green Bay Nov 20