New Mexico State edges past Boise State 88-85Jan 10, 2010 - 4:22 AM BOISE, Idaho(AP) -- Jonathan Gibson scored 26 points to lead New Mexico State to an 88-85 victory over Boise State on Saturday.
Gibson connected on four 3-point baskets, including one from the left baseline with one minute remaining, to put New Mexico State (9-7, 2-1 Western Athletic Conference) ahead to stay. The victory was the Aggies' sixth in seven games.
Boise State (9-7, 0-3) had a chance to force overtime but missed three 3-point shots in the final 17 seconds. Anthony Thomas' last-second attempt with two New Mexico State defenders draped on him didn't draw rim.
Jahmar Young added 19 points for New Mexico State, which made 13 3-point baskets and shot 55.2 percent overall.
Robert Arnold scored 26 points to lead Boise State. The Broncos scored 11 consecutive points to take an 85-81 edge with 1:53 to play and kept the lead until Gibson's decisive 3.
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 88
BOISE ST 85 FINAL
Jan 9 10:57 PM
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 41
BOISE ST 45 HALFTIME
Jan 9 9:58 PM
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Boise State blows out Concordia (Ore.) 100-53 Nov 23
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- Dayton holds home court, beats Boise State to advance Mar 19
- Flyers and Broncos meet in first round of NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13