Three-point play lifts Kent State past Ohio 62-60Jan 9, 2010 - 10:01 PM ATHENS, Ohio(AP) -- Chris Singletary scored 22 points and made a three-point play with 33 seconds left to lift Kent State past Ohio 62-60 on Saturday.
With the Golden Flashes (10-5, 1-0 Mid-American Conference) trailing 60-58, Singletary hit a layup and was fouled by Kenneth Van Kemper.
On Ohio's next possession, DeVaughn Washington turned the ball over with 22 seconds remaining and Rodriguez Sherman made the first of two free throws for the final score.
D.J. Cooper, who finished with 21 points for the Bobcats (9-6, 0-1), missed a 3 with 2 seconds left.
Singletary was 7 of 12 from the field and 7 of 9 from the free throw line to help Kent State win its fifth out of six games.
Tyree Evans scored 11 points, Anthony Simpson 10 and Justin Grene had 11 rebounds for the Golden Flashes.
Washington had 13 points and 12 rebounds and Armon Bassett also had 13 points for the Bobcats.
- NCAA BB
KENT ST 62
OHIO 60 FINAL
Jan 9 4:03 PM
- NCAA BB
KENT ST 30
OHIO 22 HALFTIME
Jan 9 2:48 PM
- Oubre shines as Kansas tops Kent St. Dec 30
- Kent State tangles with No. 13 Kansas Dec 30
- Phillips leaves North Dakota State for Ohio U Apr 6
- UMass moves to 10-0 by subduing Ohio Dec 19
- Ohio hoping to knock UMass from ranks of the unbeaten Dec 18
- Buckeyes survive upset-minded Ohio Nov 12
- Bobcats battle 10th-ranked Buckeyes Nov 12
- Akron routs Ohio for MAC title Mar 17
- Ohio battles Akron for MAC Tournament title Mar 16
- Ohio U cancels basketball game amid campus scare Jan 30
- Christian leaves TCU for Ohio U Apr 3
- Tar Heels survive in OT to beat Ohio Mar 24