N.J. Tech 48, Yale 79Jan 9, 2010 - 10:19 PM NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) -- Alex Zampier scored 15 points and 11 Yale players got on the score sheet in a 79-48 rout of New Jersey Institute of Technology on Saturday.
Porter Braswell added 14 points, Michael Sands 11 and Reggie Willhite 10 for the Bulldogs (6-11).
Braswell hit four of his five 3-point attempts for the Bulldogs, who finished 9-for-21 from beyond the arc (42.9 percent). The Highlanders were just 5 of 17 from long range (29.4 percent).
Yale also was 85.7 percent from the free throw line (18-for-21) compared to a 65 percent mark (13-for-20) for NJIT.
The Bulldogs led by nine points at halftime and sealed it on 28-8 run to open the second half.
Chris Flores scored 18 points and Jheryl Wilson added 16 for the Highlanders (5-11), who have dropped three in a row.
Yale has won two straight since dropping five consecutive games.
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23