Nicholls State downs Northwestern State 79-72Jan 10, 2010 - 2:23 AM THIBODAUX, La.(AP) -- Fred Hunter scored 25 points and Anatoly Bose recorded a double-double, leading Nicholls State to a 79-72 win against Northwestern State on Saturday.
Bose scored 20 points and grabbed 11 boards for the Colonels (5-9, 1-0 Southland Conference), who have won back-to-back games and five of their past six. Chris Iles also scored 20 points for the Nicholls State, which has won six of its past seven against Northwestern State.
The Demons led by six points at halftime, but Nicholls State outscored them 43-30 in the second half to seal the comeback.
With Northwestern State leading 53-52 midway through the second, the Colonels put together a 10-3 run for a lead they would not relinquish. The Colonels hit eight free throws in the final minute to seal it.
Damon Jones led the Demons (5-9, 0-1) with 15 points.
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN ST 72
NICHOLLS ST 79 FINAL
Jan 9 8:04 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHWESTERN ST 42
NICHOLLS ST 36 HALFTIME
Jan 9 6:53 PM
- Wisconsin crushes Nicholls Dec 13
- Colonels face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 13
- No. 19 Michigan eases past Nicholls Nov 30
- Wolverines seek redemption in clash with visiting Colonels Nov 29
- Oklahoma dominates Northwestern State Nov 23
- Sooners return to action, hoping to exercise Demons Nov 23
- Baylor outlasts Northwestern State in OT Dec 19
- No. 12 Baylor battles Northwestern State Dec 18
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Dec 7
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 7
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23