Utah blows out Texas Christian 65-45Jan 9, 2010 - 10:45 PM SALT LAKE CITY(AP) -- Luka Drca scored all 14 of his points in the second half to help Utah blow past Texas Christian 65-45 on Saturday.
Drca, Utah's only healthy senior, made three 3-pointers and engineered the offense as the Utes turned a close game into a blowout in their conference opener.
Jay Watkins and Carlon Brown had 11 points and Shawn Glover added 10 for the Utes (8-7, 1-0 Mountain West), who won their third game in a row.
Keion Mitchem scored 14 points to lead TCU (8-8, 1-1), which lost all three games against the Utes last season.
Zvonko Buljan and Ronnie Moss, the Horned Frogs' leading scorers, combined to shoot just 4-of-23 against Utah's high-pressure defense.
- Helping Dixon: LSU assistant David Patrick hired by TCU Apr 20
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Jamie Dixon introduced at TCU, big boost for his alma mater Mar 22
- Dixon leaving Pittsburgh to take over at TCU, his alma mater Mar 22
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16
- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Feb 9
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11