North Carolina-Greensboro defeats Furman 88-78Jan 10, 2010 - 12:15 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Mikko Koivisto scored 14 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead six players in double figures in North Carolina-Greensboro's 88-78 win over Furman on Saturday.
Brian Cole also had 14 points, Pete Brown had 12, Brandon Evans and Ben Stywall 11 and Kyle Randall 10 for the Spartans (3-12, 2-2 Southern Conference).
The Spartans, who snapped an eight-game skid, shot 45.6 percent (26 of 57) from the field.
UNC-Greensboro led by as many as 21, 44-23, on Brown's free throw with 3:10 left in the first half.
Furman shot just 28.6 percent (8 of 28) in the first half, and trailed 48-31 at halftime.
Amu Saaka had a double-double for the Paladins (8-7, 2-2) with 31 points and 10 rebounds. Bryson Barnes scored 15 points as Furman snapped a three-game winning streak.
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 88 FINAL
Jan 9 6:25 PM
- NCAA BB
UNC GREENSBORO 48 HALFTIME
Jan 9 5:07 PM
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- No. 24 North Carolina drops UNC Greensboro Dec 16
- Tar Heels make short trip to tangle with Spartans Dec 16
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- Clanton, No. 19 UCF handle Furman Dec 30
- Wofford defeats UNC-Greensboro 59-47 Mar 6
- UNC-Greensboro beats Furman 66-65 in SoCon tourney Mar 5
- UNC-Greenboro holds off Georgia Southern 81-79 Mar 1
- College of Charleston defeats Furman 69-66 Feb 27