Delaware St beats Winston-Salem 49-48Jan 10, 2010 - 12:00 AM DOVER, Del.(AP) -- Alibaba Odd scored his only points on a final-second layup, sending Delaware State to a 49-48 win over Winston-Salem on Saturday.
A Paul Davis layup put Winston-Salem up 48-44 with 38 seconds left. But Chad Wilson's 3-pointer pulled Delaware State within 48-47 5 seconds later and Winston-Salem's Andrew Jackon missed his free throw, setting up Odd's game-winner. The layup marked the only time Delaware State led all game.
Jackson missed a long 3-pointer at the buzzer, securing the first win since Dec. 1 for the Hornets (5-7).
Marcus Neal paced the Hornets with 20 points and Terron Stowe added 12. Neal hit six 3-pointers for the Hornets, who hit just 18 field goals in the game - eight of which were 3s.
Brian Fisher scored 14 to lead the Rams (3-9) and Davis had 10. Fisher hit three 3-pointers for the Rams, who shot just 28.6 percent from long range (4 of 14).
- NCAA BB
WINSTON SALEM 48
DELAWARE ST 49 FINAL
Jan 9 5:54 PM
- NCAA BB
WINSTON SALEM 27
DELAWARE ST 18 HALFTIME
Jan 9 4:52 PM
- Delaware State beats D-III Summit U 93-44 for 1st win Jan 4
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- Delaware State fires Greg Jackson Jan 31
- No. 7 Oklahoma State demolishes Delaware State Dec 17
- Hornets hit road hoping to sting seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 17
- Dayton tops Delaware State Dec 4
- 25th-ranked Flyers set sights on Hornets Dec 4
- Pitt stays unbeaten with rout of Delaware State Dec 8
- SC State defeats Delaware State 70-66 in OT Mar 12
- Delaware State slips past Bethune-Cookman 57-55 Mar 11
- Delaware State beats Maryland-Eastern Shore 57-37 Mar 4