Wyoming wins 85-83 over San Diego StateJan 10, 2010 - 2:05 AM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- Afam Muojeke scored 30 points to lead Wyoming to an improbable 85-83 comeback win over San Diego State on Saturday night.
The Cowboys (8-8, 1-1 Mountain West Conference) trailed by 14 points with 4:50 to play, before their full-court pressure got to the Aztecs.
San Diego State (12-4, 1-1) seemed to have the game in control, leading 45-31 at halftime, but the Cowboys began to chip away with steals off the press. JayDee Luster and Arthur Bouedo hit 3-pointers to give Wyoming an 82-81 lead with 39 seconds left.
After Kawhi Leonard hit one free throw to tie the game at 82-82 with 29 seconds left, Luster's 3-pointer with 4.9 seconds left proved to be the game-winner. San Diego State's D.J. Gay hit one free throw with 2.1 seconds left, but after missing the second attempt, the rebound wasn't controlled and time ran out.
Leonard scored a career-high 25 points for San Diego State.
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Blue Devils battle Aztecs in South Regional action Mar 22
- San Diego State holds off St. John's to advance Mar 21