Backcourt lifts Central Michigan over Toledo 59-48Jan 9, 2010 - 11:09 PM TOLEDO, Ohio(AP) -- Robbie Harman scored 17 points and backcourt partner Jordan Bitzer 15 as Central Michigan defeated Toledo 59-48 on Saturday.
Harman made all four of his 3-point attempts in the first half, when the Chippewas (6-7, 1-0 Mid-American Conference) took a 29-20 lead. Harman had 12 points in the first half.
After Chris Kellermann began the second half with a 3-pointer to make it 32-20, Bitzer heated up, scoring 12 of his points to help Central Michigan maintain a double-digit lead over the Rockets (3-12, 0-1).
Kellermann grabbed nine rebounds to help give the Chippewas a 34-24 advantage on the boards.
The victory was Central Michigan's first at Toledo in eight tries since 2003.
Freshman guard Jake Barnett scored 19 points to lead the Rockets, who have lost five games in a row.
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 59
TOLEDO 48 FINAL
Jan 9 4:43 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRL MICHIGAN 29
TOLEDO 20 HALFTIME
Jan 9 3:26 PM
- Detroit-area gambler sentenced in Toledo sports bribery Oct 1
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- Okafor fuels Duke in win over Toledo Dec 30
- Duke gets back to work against Toledo Dec 29
- No. 15 VCU takes down Toledo Nov 18
- Rockets seek upset of 15th-ranked Rams Nov 18
- Western Michigan takes down Toledo to win MAC title Mar 16
- MAC crown to be decided, as Rockets challenge Broncos Mar 15
- Toledo G Drummond suspended Feb 10
- Kansas fends off feisty Toledo Dec 31
- Jayhawks play host to undefeated Rockets Dec 30