Florida Atlantic beats Louisiana-Monroe 74-61Jan 10, 2010 - 3:08 AM BOCA RATON, Fla.(AP) -- Greg Gantt scored 20 points, leading four Florida Atlantic players in double figures, as the Owls defeated Louisiana-Monroe 74-61 on Saturday night.
Brett Royster added 13 points, Raymond Taylor had 12 and Sanchez Hughley and Shavar Richardson finished with 11 apiece for the Owls (7-9, 3-2 Sun Belt Conference). Alex Tucker also chipped in with 10 assists.
Richardson led the Owls with three 3-pointers as they finished 8-for-18 from beyond the arc (44.4 percent) in the game.
The Warhawks were just 3-for-12 from long range (25 percent).
The Owls opened the game on an 8-0 run, bookended with 3s from Gantt and Taylor, and never looked back.
Dynile Forbes scored 24 points to lead the Warhawks (6-11, 1-5), who trailed the entire way.
FAU has won back-to-back games since dropping five straight, and the Warhawks are on a two-game skid.
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Minnesota beats Louisiana-Monroe 67-56 Nov 15
- Louisiana-Monroe cruises over McMurry 88-43 in opener Nov 13
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- No. 8 Florida needs OT to subdue UL-Monroe Nov 21
- Gators seek redemption in bout with visiting Warhawks Nov 21
- No. 3 Ohio State routs Louisiana Monroe Dec 28
- ULM comes calling on No. 3 Ohio State Dec 27
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15