Rodriguez leads Campbell past Kennesaw State 63-53Jan 10, 2010 - 3:59 AM KENNESAW, Ga.(AP) -- Jonathan Rodriguez scored 25 points to lead Campbell to a 63-53 win over Kennesaw State on Saturday night.
Rodriguez made 10-of-14 from the floor and grabbed eight rebounds for the Camels (9-5, 4-1 Atlantic Sun Conference). Lorne Merthie had 13 points, while Junard Hartley dealt nine assists with only two turnovers.
Campbell led 33-21 with 18:16 left in the second half. Kennesaw State's Kurtis Woods hit three 3-pointers to bring the Owls (5-11, 1-5) within five points, then Spencer Dixon made a 3 to cut the lead to 37-35 with 12:29 to play.
But Kyle Vejraska converted a three-point play on the following possession, igniting an 8-0 run. The Owls never came any closer than eight the rest of the way.
Woods led Kennesaw State with 24 points, going 4 of 11 from beyond the arc. Markeith Cummings added 10 points and six rebounds.
- Ray, Kennesaw State pull away for 69-59 win over Thomas (Ga) Dec 7
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18
- Kennesaw State names Al Skinner men's hoops coach Apr 26
- Kennesaw State fires hoops coach Lallathin Mar 23
- No. 15 Butler cruises past Kennesaw State Dec 9
- Kennesaw State hits road seeking upset of Butler Dec 8
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Syracuse handles Kennesaw State in opener Nov 15
- 23rd-ranked Orange eye up Owls in season opener Nov 14
- Kennesaw State, Preston announce mutual separation Mar 19
- Kennesaw State coach taking leave of absence Jan 2