Long Beach State ends 5-game slide with 55-53 winJan 10, 2010 - 3:41 AM LONG BEACH, Calif.(AP) -- Casper Ware scored 17 points and Long Beach State rallied in the second half to defeat UC Irvine 55-53 Saturday night.
T.J. Robinson added 11 points for the 49ers (7-9, 1-2 Big West), who ended a five-game losing streak.
Eric Wise had a team-high 12 points for the Anteaters (8-8, 2-2).
Ware scored 12 of his points after halftime and hit the game-winning shot with 1:34 to play, breaking a 53-all tie.
UC Irvine led 25-21 at halftime but made only 9-of-26 shots (34.6 percent) in the second half.
Long Beach State was 14 of 29 (48.3 percent) from the field after intermission.
Neither team led by more than seven points.
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Louisville handles Long Beach to get back on track Dec 30
- Cardinals seek redemption in clash with 49ers Dec 30
- No. 17 St. John's routs Long Beach State Dec 23
- 49ers hoping to calm Red Storm Dec 22
- Texas holds off Long Beach State Dec 21
- Long Beach State faces uphill climb in tussle with Texas Dec 20
- San Diego State edges Long Beach State Dec 11
- Aztecs to try and continue dominance over Golden State foes Dec 10