Templeton lifts Drake over Southern Illinois 70-65Jan 10, 2010 - 4:39 AM CARBONDALE, Ill.(AP) -- Ryan Wedel hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with 35 seconds left and Adam Templeton had a double-double as Drake defeated Southern Illinois 70-65 on Saturday night.
Templeton had 22 points and 13 rebounds for the Bulldogs (6-11, 1-4 Missouri Valley), who ended a six-game losing streak. Wedel scored 14 points, and Josh Young contributed 11.
Kevin Dillard scored 19 points and Carlton Fay and Tony Freeman had 13 apiece for the Salukis (9-5, 2-3), who lost their third in a row.
The game was tied 27-27 at halftime, and Templeton forged the ninth tie of the night when he converted a three-point play to make it 62-62 with 1:34 left.
Dillard put the Salukis ahead with a 3-pointer, but Seth VanDeest cut it to 65-63 on a free throw with 59 seconds left, setting the stage for Wedel's big shot.
- NCAA BB
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 65 FINAL
Jan 9 9:42 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 27 HALFTIME
Jan 9 8:25 PM
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- Wichita State tops SIU in MVC QFs Mar 6
- Salukis seek upset of Shockers in MVC Tournament Mar 6
- Wichita State cruises past Southern Illinois Feb 17
- Salukis face tall task in clash with 13th-ranked Shockers Feb 17
- Northern Iowa easily handles Drake Feb 7
- Bulldogs hit road to challenge 14th-ranked Panthers Feb 7
- Northern Iowa stays hot with win over Southern Illinois Jan 28
- MVC melee pits Panthers against Salukis Jan 28
- No. 14 Wichita State routs Drake Jan 25
- Drake seeks upset of No. 14 Wichita State Jan 25
- Carter scores 25 as Wichita State beats Southern Illinois Jan 14