Texas State takes 64-60 win over Texas-ArlingtonJan 9, 2010 - 10:12 PM ARLINGTON, Texas(AP) -- Ryan White scored 14 points, including eight in the second half, to help Texas State overcome a seven-point halftime deficit and beat Texas-Arlington 64-60 on Saturday.
The Bobcats (7-8, 1-0 Southland) were trailing 29-36 to begin the second period, but they went on a 6-0 run early in the half to take the lead.
The Mavericks (7-6, 0-1) kept it close after that, never falling behind by more than five points, and J.D. Davis dunked the ball with about 90 seconds left to bring them within one (61-60).
But the Bobcats' Tony Bishop then sank three free throws to guarantee the win. Bishop finished with 14 points.
Texas State starter Cameron Johnson added seven points and pulled down 10 rebounds.
The Mavericks' Marquez Haynes led the game in scoring with 18 points. Brandon Long finished with 13 and Dwight Gentry with 10.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS STATE 64
TEXAS ARLINGTON 60 FINAL
Jan 9 4:18 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS STATE 29
TEXAS ARLINGTON 36 HALFTIME
Jan 9 2:58 PM
- Longhorns rout Texas State Dec 13
- Lone Star State showdown pits Longhorns against Bobcats Dec 13
- Longhorns fend off Texas-Arlington Dec 3
- Mavericks face tall task in meeting with Longhorns Dec 2
- No. 1 Kentucky routs UT-Arlington 92-44 Nov 26
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 25
- Young, Kentucky top UTA Nov 19
- Mavericks face uphill climb in clash with fourth-ranked Wildcats Nov 19
- Texas State tabs Kaspar as men's hoops coach Apr 5
- New Mexico State wins WAC Mar 17
- Mavericks square off with Aggies in WAC championship game Mar 16
- Oklahoma State pounds UT-Arlington Dec 19