Providence defeats Rutgers 94-81Jan 10, 2010 - 3:17 AM PROVIDENCE, R.I.(AP) -- Jamine Peterson scored a season-high 29 points and pulled down 20 rebounds to lead Providence to a 94-81 victory over Rutgers on Saturday night.
Sharaud Curry added 17 points for the Friars (10-6, 2-2 Big East), who led by as many as 22 and maintained a double-digit lead for most of the game.
Peterson, a freshman forward who is Providence's leading scorer, had 24 of his points in the first half, the last of which came on a one-handed slam to put back a Curry miss with 2 seconds left.
Dane Miller had a season-high 26 points and seven rebounds off the bench to lead the Scarlet Knights (9-6, 0-3), who dropped their fourth straight.
Jonathan Mitchell had a career-high 18 points and Hamady Ndiaye added 16 points and three blocks for the Scarlet Knights.
Marshon Brooks scored 15 points and had six rebounds for Providence.
- Rutgers raises $50 million in 4 months for athletics May 10
- Brandin Knight joins Rutgers basketball coaching staff Apr 18
- Rutgers confirms that Hobbs has joined Pikiell's staff Apr 14
- Jay Young hired as assistant basketball coach at Rutgers Apr 11
- Karl Hobbs leaves UConn to join Pikiell's staff at Rutgers Mar 31
- Cooley hopes to be at Providence 'for life' with extension Mar 30
- Providence's Bentil declares for NBA draft, won't hire agent Mar 23
- Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell is new Rutgers basketball coach Mar 22
- AP source: Stony Brook's Steve Pikiell is new Rutgers coach Mar 19
- Friars relying on Dunn-Bentil duo vs. top-seeded Tar Heels Mar 18
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- Jordan fired as Rutgers basketball coach Mar 10