Arkansas State defeats South Alabama 69-63Jan 10, 2010 - 12:29 AM MOBILE, Ala.(AP) -- Brandon Reed scored 26 points and Arkansas State beat South Alabama 69-66 on Saturday for its second straight win.
Martavius Adams added 12 points, Rashad Allison had 11 and Trey Finn grabbed 11 rebounds for the Red Wolves (10-7, 5-1 Sun Belt Conference).
Trailing 50-43 with 13:08 to play, the Red Wolves went on an 8-0 run to grab the lead for good at 51-50. The Jaguars closed to within 64-63 with 41 seconds remaining, but the Red Wolves scored the final five points.
The Red Wolves shot 44.6 percent from the field (25-for-56), including 13-for-26 (50 percent) in the second half.
Tim Williams had 17 points for the Jaguars (11-7, 3-3), who have lost two in a row by a total of nine points. Four of the past five games have been decided by six points or less.
Martino Brock added 16 points and eight rebounds for the Jaguars, and Bryan Sherrer added 10.
- Arkansas State fined, vacates win after apparel violation Apr 13
- No. 17 Miami returns home to beat South Alabama Nov 28
- Miami tries to avoid upset in clash with South Alabama Nov 28
- Gonzaga defeats South Alabama Dec 15
- South Alabama hits road to challenge No. 20 Gonzaga Dec 14
- South Alabama names Graves new basketball coach Mar 25
- South Alabama's Arrow retires Dec 19
- South Alabama upends No. 25 Florida State Nov 10
- South Alabama comes calling on No. 25 Florida State Nov 9
- Murray State remains unbeaten Dec 18
- Red Wolves hit road to challenge undefeated Racers Dec 17
- Kuric, Louisville win big over Arkansas State Nov 22