Ford's 25 points lift Oral Roberts past IPFW 68-55Jan 10, 2010 - 3:16 AM TULSA, Okla.(AP) -- Kevin Ford scored a career-high 25 points and had eight rebounds to lead Oral Roberts past IPFW 68-55 on Saturday night.
Michael Craion added 17 points and eight rebounds for the Golden Eagles (9-8, 4-2 Summit League).
Zach Plackemeier paced the Mastodons (6-9, 1-4) with 18 points and was 4 of 4 on 3-pointers.
Oral Roberts led most of the game but was ahead only 48-46 after Plackemeier sank a 3-pointer with 8:42 left.
The Golden Eagles, however, countered with a decisive 14-5 run over the next 4:25. Ford's two free throws gave Oral Roberts its first double-digit lead at 62-51 with 4:17 remaining.
Ford scored the game's first four points as Oral Roberts opened with a 7-0 run. IPFW responded with six straight points but could not catch the Golden Eagles until consecutive baskets by Delivez Vealey in the final minute tied it at 29 going into intermission.
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- S. Dakota St. rallies to beat ORU in Summit League tourney Mar 6
- IPFW beats South Dakota 86-70 in Summit League quarterfinal Mar 5
- No. 15 Oklahoma routs Oral Roberts Dec 16
- Oral Roberts visits No. 15 Oklahoma Dec 16
- NDSU downs IPFW for Summit League crown Mar 12
- Mastodons challenge Bison in Summit League title game Mar 11
- Oral Roberts forced to forfeit two Southland games Jan 7
- Baylor cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 31
- Bears set sights on Golden Eagles Dec 30
- No. 11 Wichita State cruises past Oral Roberts Dec 7
- Shockers play host to Golden Eagles Dec 7