George scores 21 as Fresno State tops Hawaii 78-64Jan 10, 2010 - 5:35 AM FRESNO, Calif.(AP) -- Paul George scored 21 points as Fresno State used a late first-half scoring run to defeat Hawaii 78-64 Saturday night.
Sylvester Seay added 17 points for Fresno State (9-7, 2-0 Western Athletic). George had nine rebounds, six assists and four steals.
Jeremy Lay scored 14 points for Hawaii (8-8, 1-2), which committed 20 turnovers. Roderick Flemings added 13 points, all in the second half.
Fresno State closed the first half with a 19-5 run that broke open the game. The Bulldogs forced Hawaii into 15 first-half turnovers, resulting in numerous dunks and layups.
After trailing 47-29 at half, Hawaii got no closer than 16 points until the final minute.
- Hawaii guard Aaron Valdes to turn professional Apr 7
- No. 13 seed Hawaii to play 4th-seeded Maryland Mar 19
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- U of Hawaii appeals NCAA men's basketball postseason ban Jan 6
- NCAA puts University of Hawaii men's basketball on probation Dec 22
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- WSU outlasts Hawaii in OT to reach Diamond Head Classic finals Dec 23
- Shockers and Rainbow Warriors meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 23