Nevada wins 96-67 over San Jose StateJan 10, 2010 - 5:17 AM RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Armon Johnson had 23 points and Luke Babbitt 20 points and 10 rebounds to lead Nevada over San Jose State 96-67 on Saturday night.
Brandon Fields added 19 points and Joey Shaw 11 for the Wolf Pack (10-6, 2-1 Western Athletic Conference).
Adrian Oliver had 20 points, C.J. Webster 15 and Chris Oakes 13 for the Spartans (8-6, 1-1 WAC).
Nevada led by double digits for the entire second half. San Jose State was able to cut the lead to 10 points at 60-50 with 14:45 left in the game, but the Wolf Pack answered with a 15-6 run over the next six minutes to put the game away.
Nevada never trailed in the game, going ahead by double digits at 20-8 on a 3-pointer by Ray Kraemer with 13:08 left in the first half. The Spartans could get no closer than 10 points the rest of the game.
- AP Source: Former UNLV coach Dave Rice hired at Nevada Apr 25
- Nevada defends hire of Cal assistant accused of harassment Apr 15
- Nevada hires former Cal assistant Yann Hufnagel Apr 9
- Correction: New Mexico-San Jose St story Jan 25
- West leaves Nevada hoops; ex-star cites personal reasons Dec 15
- Nevada picks Eric Musselman as men's coach Mar 25
- Bairstow, No. 25 New Mexico down Nevada Mar 2
- Lobos meet Wolf Pack in MWC clash Mar 2
- No. 13 San Diego State dominates San Jose State Feb 26
- Aztecs tangle with Spartans in MWC affair Feb 25
- Aztecs win 20th straight, beat Nevada Feb 9
- Aztecs put streak on line against Wolf Pack Feb 8