Jacksonville beats Florida Gulf Coast 82-58Jan 10, 2010 - 9:26 PM FORT MYERS, Fla.(AP) -- Ben Smith scored 25 points, including sinking four 3-pointers, to lead Jacksonville's 82-58 rout of Florida Gulf Coast on Sunday.
Lehmon Colbert added 17 of his 19 points in the second half for the Dolphins (6-8, 3-3 Atlantic Sun Conference), who are on a season-high three-game winning streak. Smith's outside shooting led the way for the Dolphins, who finished 7-for-16 from beyond the arc (43.8 percent).
Florida Gulf Coast missed all nine attempts from 3-point range.
The Eagles (5-10, 2-4) led 14-13 midway through the opening half on Reed Baker's jumper, but the Dolphins went on a 21-4 run from that juncture to lead by 13 at halftime. Tevin Galvin scored all of his eight points during the run.
Anthony Banks led the Eagles with a double-double, scoring 14 points and pulling down 12 rebounds. The Eagles have lost three straight.
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 58 FINAL
Jan 10 4:02 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA GULF COAST 25 HALFTIME
Jan 10 3:00 PM
- FGCU hoops coach Dooley gets 2-year extension through 2020 May 7
- Tar Heels aim to stay on defensive vs. Eagles in NCAAs Mar 16
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Former Jacksonville basketball standout Morgan dies at 67 Jan 15
- Jacksonville takes down Thomas (Ga) 92-64 Nov 23
- Jacksonville turns to Jasick Apr 9
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- No. 15 Florida cruises past Jacksonville Nov 25
- Sunshine State melee pits Gators against Dolphins Nov 25
- Dooley tabbed as FGCU men's basketball coach Apr 17
- Cinderella's run ends; Gators oust FGCU Mar 30